Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Assurance

I have the privilege of often taking our two granddaughters to school in the morning. It's a great time to visit as we drive to school but the thrill is when they leave the car, pick up their backpacks from the trunk and head inside the school
The oldest girl is always time conscious. She makes sure we leave our home on time and checks the clock in the car to make sure we're on schedule. But, the younger one is always slow getting her backpack and other items out of our trunk and closing it.
While the oldest girl rushes into school to see her friends, the younger one always stands on the curb, looks at me, waves and waits until I wave back and often throw a kiss. She then proceeds into the school. She needs that moment of assurance before she enters the building.
We all need that abiding assurance before we begin each day. Peter tells us that we can cast all our cares on Him, "...because He cares for you." We need to understand, as believers, that God is throwing His love to us every day. From the moment we rise up until the moment we go to bed at night (and through the night), He cares about us.
I admit that I get very emotional when I see that 11 year old standing there waiting to wave at me and waiting for me to return it. God, help us to know that no matter where we are, You are looking at us and care for us. Hallelujah!!

No comments: